Wednesday 31 August 2011

Passenger to pilot windrushers style - August 2011

I had one last attempt at the silver duration in a K8 at the end of July, I landed 2hrs 29minutes into the bid with a sore back and numb legs so it would have been silly to continue, its going to have to be done in a much roomier ship.

Due to the poor weather on my flying days the remainder of my august flying has been confined to circuit flying off the winch, with one flight of 20 odd minutes thanks to some sort of ridge lift off of the railway bank in a stern south westerly maintaining me at 1200ft.

I took the K21 for a 3000ft aerotow for currency and after being towed through a massive sink street to near RAF croughton I released near a promising cloud only to find the Cu's were not honest, broken lift with more decending than climbing involved. I ran across the sink showing 8kts down in places at 80+kts and arrived back at the airfield at near circuit height. I then climbed to 1500ft in half a knot and then headed into land.

More circuit practice at the end of the month, three flights in a K13 using these to practice stalls, wing drops steep turns etc...

I have now revised my goals from getting silver to having my Bronze with XC wrapped up by the end of the year, work and a new baby have meant my flyign frequency has reduced and hey, whats the rush.

No comments: