Saturday 23 July 2011

Bicester Regionals 2011

Today marked the first day of the regionals at Bicester and although I was not onsite today the large grid looked very impressive as I drove past the airfield this morning. Unfortunately my weather forecast held true with large spread out from the north east meaning that after the delayed, task reduced, and combined grid got away on a 166km course there were a large amount of landouts and some people even returning not long after the start. Ms Roberts landedout somewhere that enabled her to eat scones and cream tea......            The scores are yet to be on the doors so check out http://www.windrushers.org.uk/competitions/regionals2011/index.htm for the latest news and results.

The weather for tomorrow looks like a slight improvement on today with CB around 3500 - 4000ft but there is still some uncertainty on the extent of the moist layer being blown in from the north irish see. We could see some look cloud to start then looking fine until after lunch time where the risk of spread out is again a real possibility.

I will be around tomorrow doing some flying of my own so I am hoping it stays clear.

Lee

No comments: